Vinh Moc Tunnels and Phong Nha caves are two major attractions around Hue. The first gives you an eye opening experience of the Vietnam War while the second surprises you with amazing art of the Nature.
Vinh Moc Tunnels and Phong Nha caves – 2 days
Day 1: Hue - Vinh Moc tunnel - Dong Hoi (Lunch, Guide)
Your driver and guide will pick you up at hotel in Hue at 07:00am then transfer to visit t Vinh Moc, a tunnel complex in Quang Tri, Vietnam. Vinh Moc tunnels were used as a shelter rather than a combat base during the Vietnam War. It was dug mainly for the purpose of escaping the US bombing in DMZ. There still exist all the basic facilities for the underground life: sleeping corners, kitchens, schools, theatres, clinics and maternity wards. During the time, 17 children were born in these tunnels, an amazing story about one of the most devastating wars in the modern world history. Leave the tunnel, you will head to Dong Hoi (170km far from Hue), then take time to rest in your hotel. You will spend the night in Dong Hoi.
Day 2: Dong Hoi - Phong Nha - Hue (Breakfast, Lunch, Guide)
In the morning, you will take a boat trip along Son River to explore the Phong Nha Cave. Among 300 caves and grottos in Phong Nha Ke Bang national park, only 20 have been surveyed. Notably, Phong Nha, is the most beautiful cave which holds several records for the highest and longest cave, the longest underground river, finest beaches inside and the most splendid stalagmites and stalactites. These amazing natural art works have been given beautiful names such as the "Lion", the "Fairy Caves", the "Royal Court" and the "Buddha". On the way back, you will visit Hien Luong Bridge and Ben Hai River, two historic relics of the Vietnam War. After that, you will transfer back to your hotel in Hue afterwards.
- Free Vietnam Visa invitation letter.
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary
- Boat cruises as specified in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants
- All sightseeing tickets.
- VAT and other taxes
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Lunches and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Travel insurance
- Surcharges for Peak seasons (if any)
- Vietnam visa stamp fee
- Other services not mentioned above.