This trip offers a stunning motorcycling route with great exploration of nature and culture of northern Vietnam. The trip is organized for first time rider and easy adventure.
The legendary Ho Chi Minh Trail was the supply line used by North Vietnam to link North and South Vietnam during the American War. Soldiers, ammunition, weapons and supplies were carried by hand, bicycle and truck for hundreds of kilometers through the otherwise impenetrable jungle that covered Vietnam’s mountainous border with Laos. Recent road work that follow original sections of the trail have changed this.
Destinations: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Khanh Village – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc – Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi – Mai Chau (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Guide) – Ride up to 140km
You will leave Hanoi around 8.30am then ride your motorcycles west to Mai Chau, an area of beautiful landscape and home to the Thai ethnic minority. You will ride on road No6 passing expansive rice paddies and scenic villages. You will have a stop for refreshment before tackling 70km of undulating road with great view of mountains and valley. You will have lunch on the way. After that, you will continue riding to Mai Chau. You will ride straight to Pom Coong, a peaceful village of White Thai ethnic minority where you will have dinner and spend our night in a traditional stilt-house of a Thai family.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Canh Nang – Cam Thuy – Khanh Village (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Guide) – Ride up to 160km
Say goodbye to the villagers, you will then head down to south on a beautiful winding road, following along the banks of the Ma River. About Two- hours riding along the river will take you to Cam Luong stream -– Fairy Fishing Stream literally which is a great mystery of nature while thousands of big fish peacefully living in shallow water.
Take a turn into Ho Chi Minh Highway and head to Khanh village, home of Muong ethnic minority. Diner and overnight in a home stay.
Day 3: Khanh Village – Nho Quan – Hoa Lu – Trang An – Hanoi (Breakfast, Lunch, Guide) – Ride up to 175km
After breakfast at the home stay, you will ride to Hoa Lu, the ancient capital on Vietnam which date back from 9th century. After here you will ride shortly to Trang An, the well-known “Halong Bay on the rice field”. You will have a relaxing boat trip on river and going through mountain caves. Your lunch will be in a local restaurant before riding back to Hanoi. You will arrive in Hanoi around 5.30pm.
Note on client safety
We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- Vietnam Visa Invitation letter
- Support vehicle (supplement luggage van to carry your motorbike and baggage).
- Honda (or Yamaha) 125CC (semi-automatic gear)
- Gasoline for the ride
- Mechanic (for group from 6 passengers)
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above. For description, see below
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners, as specified, in the best local restaurants, picnics where suitable restaurants are not available.
- Good quality motorbikes for all days in the programme
- Drinking water and local fruit for all motorcycling days in the programme
- Simple first aid kit.
- VAT and other taxes.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Lunches and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharges for peak season (if any)
- Compulsory meals (if any)
- Alternative in blue