This trip will be a taste of North Vietnam where you will have chance for beautiful scenery on the way, daily life of Vietnamese, water buffaloes in the rice fields and stay overnight with a local families will also be a unique experience. This is best short motorbike tour from Hanoi.
Destiantions: Hanoi – Ba Be – Vu Linh – Hanoi
Day 1: Motorbike tour Hanoi – Ba Be (250km, 7 hours riding) (Lunch, Dinner, Guide)
After breakfast at your hote, you will leave Ba Be Lake in the ealy morning. On the way, you will stop in Thai Nguyen to visit The Museum of Ethnology which tell you lot of information about Vietnamese life and cultures. After that, you will continue driving and having lunch, you will pass superb landscapes of mountains. Upon arrival, you will take the boat trip to Pac Ngoi village of the Tay Ethnic group. The rest of the day will be at leisure to enjoy the beauty of nature. You will spend the night in homestay.
Ba Be Lake is a place with some of the most wonderful sceneries in Vietnam. The lake is in Ba Be National Park, which is about 250km North of Hanoi. It is near Bo Lu and Pac Ngoi villages, the home of Tay ethnic people. Ba Be Lake is on a limestone mountain, at a height of 150m above sea level. As it looks similar to Halong Bay, the lake is also called “Halong Bay on the mountain.” It has a water surface area of 500ha. It is more than 8km long, nearly 2km at its widest, and 20-35m deep. The lake is made up of three river branches – Pe Lam, Pe Lu and Pe Leng.
Day 2: Ba Be Lake (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Guide)
This morning, you will take a boat cruising on the lake to discover the beauty of the lake and the diversity of fauna and flora living on the lake and visit nearby tourist places in the national park such as Tien Pond, Po Gia Mai Island, Puong Cave and Dau Dang Waterfall. If you have a chance to visit at the time of Long Tong Festival on the 10th and 11th days of the first lunar month, you can see traditional games, performances of martial arts, and the horn dance of Tay, Dao, Mong, Nung and Kinh tribal groups.
After that, you will get back to the village for lunch and a short break. In the afternoon, you will take a soft trek to Ba Ba National park covering more than 23,000 hectares. This beautiful region is a tropical rainforest area with over 410 named plant species and 300 wildlife species. You will spend the night in Ba Be Lake.
Day 3: Motorbike tour Ba Be Lake – Vu Linh (200 km, 6 hours ) (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Guide)
After breakfast, you will drive to Vu Linh village of the Dao people by Thac Ba Lake which has an area of 23,400 ha and 1,331 islands and hills with diverse ecological environments. The water in the lake is blue and clear, and imprinted with the reflections of the surrounding ancient forest. Tonight, you will stay in the homestay with our friend’s family. The welcome is exceptional with a lot of rice wine and laughter. You will spend the night in Vu Linh.
Thac Ba Lake – This artificial lake has an area of 23,400ha and 1,331 islands and hills with diverse ecological environments. The water in the lake is blue and clear, and imprinted with the reflections of the surrounding ancient forest and many picturesque ethnic villages
Day 4: Motorbike tour Vu Linh – Hanoi (180 km, 6 hours riding) (Breakfast, Lunch, Guide)
After breakfast, you will cruise southeast on Highway 2 and then branch off to the sleepy town of Phu Tho. You will then follow the edge of the Red River along the dyke, almost to the point where it merges with the Black River after which they flow together to Hanoi. Crossing the Black River by bridge, you will pass through Son Tay and then return to Hanoi on the highway.You will be in Hanoi in the late afternoon.
- Vietnam Visa Invitation letter
- Support vehicle (supplement luggage van to carry your motorbike and baggage).
- Honda (or Yamaha) 125CC (semi-automatic gear)
- Gasoline for the ride
- Mechanic (for group from 6 passengers)
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above. For description, see below
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and Dinners as specified, in the best local restaurants, picnics where suitable restaurants are not available.
- Good quality motorbikes for all days in the programme
- Drinking water and local fruit for all motorcycling days in the programme
- Simple first aid kit.
- VAT and other taxes.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Lunches and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharges for peak season (if any)
- Compulsory meals (if any)