This great Mai Chau motorcycle tour was designed for people who want to escape the city over the week-end or travelers who don’t have many days to ride in Vietnam. Just in two days you will ride snake ways, stay with local Thai people, try their delicious food, and join their music Xoe dance and much more. Below is the long ride that we designed for intermediate and experienced riders, if you feel you want less riding hours we will find some short-cuts and back roads for you. Sure that you have the best motorbike tour northern Vietnam.
- Stay 1 night with local people, in their house (eating, talking with local people)
- Walking in the Lac Village and exploring life style of Thai People.
- Enjoy Thai dancing at night.
Day 1: Motorbike tour Hanoi to Mai Chau. - 171 km, - 6hrs riding (Lunch, Dinner, Guide)
After breakfast, you will start your motorbike tour to Mai Chau along the Red River Delta, which brims with traditional farming activity, you will pass through limestone monoliths and into foothills populated by Muong people then head straight at the main range before reaching a high and beautiful forested pass, which descends into the hidden valley of Mai Chau.
The evening offers local culinary delights coupled with plenty of the locally brewed rice wine and dance followed by a night in a family stilt-house.
The valley of Mai Chau lies between two rivers: the Da River and the Ma River that make it very fertile and rich in varied landscapes, medium mountains, forest, lake, rivers, and infinitude of small footpaths and offer many possibilities of trek. In the valley of Mai Chau and its surroundings are Muong, White Thai, H’mong (in the height), and the Dao who we meet at the markets or in their villages.
Day 2: Motorbike tour Mai Chau – Hanoi. ~220 km, ~7 hrs riding. (Breakfast, Lunch, Guide)
After breakfast, you can wander around the houses until you’re met and taken to visit H’Mong valley. The Xa Linh Village is inhabited by the H’mong hill tribe and is located 1,000m above sea level. You’ll walk through the green mountain foliage and watch out for the fruit trees, hidden animals and wildlife. You’ll then have lunch and riding back to Hanoi in the late afternoon.
After breakfast, you will go the other ways from the first day. After passing Thung Khe Pass, you will run through the Muong village, watching the rice fields spread along the mountain slopes. Would be missing if you ignore the Ho Chi Minh trail, this is only a very small section of the trail. Currently in Ho Chi Minh trail was built almost completely, only some dirt roads in the central region. You will come back to Hanoi around 5 pm. End of trip.
- Vietnam Visa Invitation letter
- Support vehicle (supplement luggage van to carry your motorbike and baggage).
- Honda (or Yamaha) 125CC (semi-automatic gear)
- Gasoline for the ride
- Mechanic (for group from 6 passengers)
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above. For description, see below
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and Dinners as specified, in the best local restaurants, picnics where suitable restaurants are not available.
- Good quality motorbikes for all days in the programme
- Drinking water and local fruit for all motorcycling days in the programme
- Simple first aid kit.
- VAT and other taxes.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Lunches and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharges for peak season (if any)
- Compulsory meals (if any)