On this trip, the ride takes you along Muong Hoa valley and then deep into Ban Ho valley, which is home to Tay, Red Dao minorities. You will enjoy the beautiful landscape, meet friendly local people and spend one night in red Dao family.
Tour Route: Hanoi – Lao Cai – Sapa – Thanh Phu – Sin Chai B – Nam Nhiu – My Son – Sapa – Lao Cai – Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai (Driver Pickup)
A car will arrive to take you to Hanoi railway station in time to board the 21.10 p.m. overnight sleeper to Lao Cai. You will spend the night on the train.
Day 2: Sapa - Su Pan - Thanh Phu - Sin Chai (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Guide)
After breakfast, you'll mount a mountain bike to explore Sapa valley. You’ll cycle down a winding road running along the Muong Hoa valley, home to Black Hmong, Giay and Red Dao minorities. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the rural scenery against a backdrop of mountain peaks and rice paddy terraces. After a short break in Su Pan, you’ll continue downhill until you reach Thanh Phu village, a Tay minority village where you’ll break your journey for lunch in a traditional Tay house. After your meal, your ride will be mostly uphill. You’ll head towards Sin Chai, a Red Dao ethnic minority village where you’ll have dinner in a local house and stay overnight in a bamboo hut.
5.5 hours cycling with an hour for lunch
Uphill - 10km
Level - 0km
Downhill - 30km
Day 3: Sin Chai - Nam Nhiu - My Son - Ban Ho – Sapa - Lao Cai (Breakfast, Lunch, Guide)
Today’s ride will be a little softer. You’ll pass villages and stop at a local school. You’ll also be able to meet members of the Xa Pho people, one of the smallest ethnic groups unique to the northern highlands. From there you’ll pass Thanh Phu and continue to Ban Ho where lunch will provided in a local house. After your meal, a short walk to the nearby river for a swim is a pleasant way to relax (if the weather permits!). Then, fortified by a cup of tea in a Tay house, you’ll return to Sapa and, later, to Lao Cai station for the overnight train to Hanoi.
4 hours cycling with an hour for lunch
Uphill - 4km
Level - 3km
Downhill - 8km
Mountain biking around Sapa can be quite a strenuous activity. On this trip, you’ll be riding mostly on dirt roads well away from centres of population, which means being prepared for inclement weather. It will be rough in places, along bumpy up and downhill dirt paths about a metre wide, sometimes crossing old terraces and through villages. However, the good views of mountains, terraces and ethnic culture make it well worth the effort. This trip offers an authentic cultural, natural and physical experience.
Please take bathing costumes with you, as you’ll have opportunities to bathe in natural streams on both days. Good sun protection is essential – the clean mountain air means the UV factor can be very high.
Day 4: Hanoi (Breakfast, Driver Pickup)
You will arrive in the early morning then you will be transferred to your hotel for refreshment and have breakfast. Tour Ends
Please note: hotel for refreshment is upon your request.
- Free Vietnam Visa Intivation letter.
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- Road travel in an appropriate private vehicle for transfer and back up when cycling as itinerary (supplement luggage van to carry bike and baggage).
- Good quality touring cycles for all cycling days in the programme.
- Drinking water for cycling days as itinerary.
- Snack, soft drink and local fruits for cycling days.
- Simple first aid kit.
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Return train tickets: Hanoi – Lao Cai (air-conditioned soft four-berth cabin, good local standard in Fanxipan Train carriage or similar)
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- VAT and other taxes
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Lunches and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Travel insurance
- Surcharges for Peak seasons (if any)
- Vietnam visa stamp fee
- Other services not mentioned above.