Duong Lam Village is in Ha Tay Province and about 60 km west of Hanoi. This village has been known as a museum of laterite with ancient houses aged up to 400 years old. It is also the only place in Vietnam where two kings came from. After the recognition of Hoi An ancient town and Hanoi old quarter, Duong Lam was recognized as a national relic in 2005.
Destinations: Hanoi – Duong Lam Village – Hanoi
After breakfast, your guide will introduce about this trip and teach you how to travel safty. After that, you will ride in the west of Hanoi to Duong Lam ancient village, a purely agricultural village of the Northern Red River delta where still preserve many hundred-year-old houses. Your guide will take you to visit tiny ancient alleys; Visit Mong Phu Communal House in Mong Phu hamlet – the only hamlet whose original village entrance gate remains intact, dedicated to national heroes. You will have a opportunity to bike in the village and have some talks with the locals in their ancient houses by visiting the ancient houses of Mr Hung, Mr Ha and Mr Huyen. Enjoy your special lunch with Vietnamese foods in an ancient house. The highlight of Duong Lam motorcycle tour is from Thach That town to Va temple. The motorcycle ride offers fantastic Hanoi motorbike tour in the countryside with many beautiful rice fields, some off road motorcycle ride, local daily life of people.
After taking a rest, you will continue taking a short Duong Lam motorcycle tour to visit Mia Pagoda (other hamlet in Duong Lam village), is built in 15th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes, among with are famous sculpture such as the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities. You will then visit Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple, places dedicated to two national heroes Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung before riding back to Hanoi in the late afternoon.
- Vietnam Visa Invitation letter
- Support vehicle (supplement luggage van to carry your motorbike and baggage).
- Honda (or Yamaha) 125CC (semi-automatic gear)
- Gasoline for the ride
- Mechanic (for group from 6 passengers)
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above. For description, see below
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunch as specified, in the best local restaurants, picnics where suitable restaurants are not available.
- Good quality motorbikes for all days in the programme
- Drinking water and local fruit for all motorcycling days in the programme
- Simple first aid kit.
- VAT and other taxes.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Lunches and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharges for peak season (if any)
- Compulsory meals (if any)