This Hanoi city golf stopover introduces 4 best golf courses in and around the city. From scenic King’s Island Golf Resort to challenging Chi Linh Star Golf and time for visiting a World Heritage site – Halong Bay.
Day 1: Hanoi arrival (Dinner, Guide pick up)
Arriving at Noi Bai airport in Hanoi, you’ll be met and driven to your hotel, the capital city of Vietnam, is an elegant city located on the banks of the Red River with tranquil Restored Sword Lake at its heart.
With food stalls on every corner Hanoi is famous for its street food cuisine and Bia Hoi, a draft beer that is brewed daily and sold on street corners. Start your evening at ‘Bia Hoi corner’ and pull up a stool to taste the local brew and do a spot of people watching. Then walk through the bustling streets of the Old Quarter as your guide introduces you to the various foods on offer. You will stop at one of the many pop up restaurants and try a Vietnamese barbeque of flame grilled meats, tofu and vegetables on skewers just like the locals. End the evening with a walk along Hoan Kiem Lake for dessert at Hanoi’s most famous ice-cream street. You will spend the night in Hanoi.
Hanoi, Vietnam's capital, ranks amongst the world's most attractive and interesting cities. It was first the capital of Vietnam in A.D. 1010, and though the nation's capital moved to Hue under the Nguyen dynasty in 1802, the city continued to flourish after the French took control in 1888. In 1954, after the French departed, Hanoi was declared Vietnam's capital once again. The remnants of over 1,000 years of history are still visible here, with that of the past few hundred years wonderfully preserved.
Day 2: Hanoi - Golfing King's Island Golf Resort (Breakfast, Guide)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Kings Island. This is the first golf course ever built in northern Vietnam. This golf course is located on the shores of the Dong Ho reservoir in Ha Tay province in the shadow of Ba Vi Mountain, 45km outside of Hanoi. The 350 hectare Kings Island Golf Resort & Country Club is one of the most scenic golf destinations. After the golf course, you will return to your hotel to stay overnight.
Kings’ Island Golf Resort of 36 holes including the Lakeside and Mountain view courses is situated on 350 hectares of land and 1500 hectares of waterfront, very familiar and well-known among golfers, with the interesting history of 20 years of operation and development.
Lakeside course of 18 holes - par 72 - 6,516 yards, was designed in 1993 by a famous American architect, Mr. Mc Farland.
Mountain View course of 18 holes - par 72 - 7,100 yards, was designed in 2004 by Pacific Coast Design, a well-known Australian company in the field of golf course design, especially in South East Asia.
Day 3: Hanoi - Chi Linh Golf course - Halong (Breakfast, Guide)
After breakfast, you’ll be driven CHI LINH GOLF COURSE, which is 70km from Hanoi. Located on a magnificent valley nestling beside a large lake and surrounded by rolling forest hills proudly sits the premier golf club of Vietnam “The Chi Linh Star Golf and Country Club”. The club house expands 325ha on the top of a hill, capturing a panoramic view of the picturesque facility, boasting remarkable landscapes. The course features a 36-hole golfing challenge, with every hole constructed and designed to international standards. The golf course with the immaculately conditioned fairways, fast greens, strategic bunkers and a large lake will ensure your golfing experience at Chi Linh Star challenging, enjoyable and unforgettable. After the course you will be transferred to Halong City. You will spend the night in Halong.
Day 4: Ha Long - Hanoi (Breakfast, Lunch, Guide)
After breakfast, you’ll leave for Ha Long Bay, one of the most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Areas and the world’s largest marine limestone ‘karst’ landscape. There you’ll board a traditional-style boat for four-hour cruise on the bay to visit some of the popular grottoes and caves. You’ll be served a seafood lunch on the boat. In the late afternoon, you’ll be driven back to your hotel in Hanoi where you will spend the night.
Day 5: Golfing Tam Dao Golf Resort (Breakfast, Guide)
After breakfast, you will leave for Tam Dao Golf Resort. This golf is located 65km’s from the Centre of Hanoi, a mere 90 minutes from the centre of Hanoi, and just 45 minutes from the Noi Bai International Airport. A newly built highway is in its final stages of completion, eliminating any concerning travel issues.
After the course, you will be back to your hotel to stay overnight.
Day 5: Hanoi Departure (Breakfast, Driver pickup)
Check-out and private transfer to the airport to take your departure flight onward. End of service
- Free Vietnam Visa invitation letter
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Private boat trip in Halong Bay
- Fee for golf-playing, including: 18-hole green fee, 01 caddie per round
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants.
- VAT and other taxes
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Surcharge for golf playing at weekend, peak season
- Golf cart and other equipments, shoes, and other golf services not mentioned above
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.