This package introduces the best of Ho Chi Minh City and environs. You will experience the unique of a vibrant Mekong Delta and enjoy an ultimate hideaway at Six Senses Con Dao..One of the truly hideaway in Vietnam
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City arrival (Dinner, Guide)
Arriving at Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City, you’ll be met and driven to your hotel. You’ll have time to relax after your journey before a Welcome dinner. In the evening, you’ll have tickets for a performance of traditional Water Puppetry (an art form unique to northern Vietnam, and a good, light-hearted introduction to its rural culture). You’ll spend the night in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City – Cai Be – Junk Boat Overnight (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Guide)
After breakfast, your guide will take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. When arrival, you will board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink you will be showed the on-board facilities and the cosy cabin. As lunch is served on boat when it starts cruising, you will sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people. In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. You will then meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits. After that, you will get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The cruise boat will anchor for the night for you to enjoy a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board, the floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Day 3: Mekong Delta – Ho Chi Minh City (Breakfast, Lunch, Guide)
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Then you will watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast. You will then board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skillfully handcrafted regional products. You will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. You will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards. After brunch or lunch you will be transferred back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will spend the night.
Day 4: Ho Chi Minh City - Con Dao Island (Breakfast, Driver Pickup)
After breakfast, you will be free at leisure until you will be transferred back to the airport to take flight to Con Dao - Con Dao is a 16 island archipelago within Ba Ria–Vung Tau Province, in south east Vietnam. It is famed for its crystal clear blue-green waters, soft golden sand beaches, lush mangrove forests and beautiful coral reefs. Six Senses Con Dao is nestled in a beautiful secluded bay 8 km from Co Ong airport. Located close to the equator, Con Dao enjoys a warm tropical climate. The average temperature is 27 degrees Celsius. Sea conditions are calm, certain times of the year, throughout the archipelago which makes for excellent swimming, snorkeling and diving all year round. The island also benefits from abundant shade provided by evergreen trees. You will spend the night at Six Senses Con Dao.
Day 5 - Day 10: Con Dao Free (Breakfast)
Balance of the days at your leisure to relax or indulge in a variety of activities on resort ground on the beaches. You will spend the night at Six Senses Con Dao.
Day 11: Con Dao – Ho Chi Minh City Departure (Breakfast, Driver pickup)
After breakfast, you will be free until the driver arrives to take you to the airport to fly back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will connect your flight to next destinations. End of service.
- Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
- Vietnam Visa on arrival pre-approved letter.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
- Domestic flight tickets: Ho Chi Minh City – Con Dao, Con Dao - Ho Chi Minh City, including domestic airport taxes.
- Boat cruises as specified in the programme. All the Mekong Delta boats will be fully licensed and comply with current safety regulations.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants and full board on the boat in the Mekong River.
- VAT and other taxes
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Lunches and dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharges for Peak seasons (if any)
- Compulsory meal (if any)